Visual studio code, naninovel extension error

The engine is not working as expected? Documentation is wrong or out of date? Let us know here!
Forum rules
We are not providing support via this forum; it's community-driven. For official support see https://naninovel.com/support/#naninovel-support
booksuny

Visual studio code, naninovel extension error

Post by booksuny »

I'm a developer who was developing in visual studio code.

I haven't opened the .nani file for a while, but I opened it today because I needed it, but all the codes are white. Both annotations and variable names.

For your information, the other C# code is not missing color.

Is this an error in nani novel extension?

I spent a lot of time searching to solve this, but I couldn't find a solution.

I've upgraded the Nani novel from 1.8 to 1.9 this time. Is this the cause?

Elringus
admin

Re: Visual studio code, naninovel extension error

Post by Elringus »

The solution is posted in #news on our Discord, I'd recommend joining to not miss important updates.

Elringus
admin

Re: Visual studio code, naninovel extension error

Post by Elringus »

In case VS Code extension suddenly stopped working:

• Make sure to use supported Naninovel version, which is 1.19 or later. In case you can't upgrade, disable package auto-update in VS Code and - downgrade to the previous extension version;
  • Make sure to use latest extension version (in case auto-update is disabled), which is v1.9; if you've used pre-release version of the extension distributed in Discord, remove it and install from VS Code marketplace;
  • Make sure bridging is enabled under Naninovel engine configurion in Unity editor;
  • Purge metadata cache in VS Code by pressing Ctrl+Shift+P (opens command palette) and selecting Naninovel: Purge cached metadata and restart VS Code;
  • Make sure to complete all the set up steps described in the IDE extension guide.