I want the chat printer to place the speaker's lines on the right.

All about user interface, be it customizing built-in UIs or adding new ones.
ArisL

I want the chat printer to place the speaker's lines on the right.

Post by ArisL »

hello. I am a user who takes advantage of naninovel's great features. And I would like to suggest about Chat Print.
In the visual novel genre, the purpose of chat scenes is to give you the feeling of immersion as if you were chatting with an actual character.
However, if the speaker's speech bubble is on the left, it feels like a third party is watching the conversation.
Many people have tried to find ways to improve this, but the solution is not easy.
Naninovel is a beginner-friendly tool, but disassembling it is too difficult for beginners.
So I suggest it. If you plan to update, please add a feature in the chat printer that places the speaker's speech bubble on the right. This change will not only give gamers a greater sense of immersion, but will also make Naninovel more comfortable.
please. Developer.

Elringus
admin

Re: I want the chat printer to place the speaker's lines on the right.

Post by Elringus »

Hey, Thanks for the suggestion! I agree with your points, but please take into account that the built-in UI in Naninovel mostly serve as examples. It's assumed developer will built their own UIs tailored for their specific needs. That said, I can see a kind of chat template distributed independently of Naninovel could be useful (similar to inventory extension); if someone happen to make one (free or paid), feel free to promote it on the forum under extensions category.