Quick saves not saving scenes

The engine is not working as expected? Documentation is wrong or out of date? Let us know here!
Forum rules
We are not providing support via this forum; it's community-driven. For official support see https://naninovel.com/support/#naninovel-support
juan.delcastillo

Quick saves not saving scenes

Post by juan.delcastillo »

Do scenes get saved in quicksaves? My project won't save it, is this normal?

Elringus
admin

Re: Quick saves not saving scenes

Post by Elringus »

What do you mean by scenes? If it's about Unity scenes, Naninovel neither use, nor save-load the scenes.

juan.delcastillo

I see... Me and my team are creating a VN in which you can move between interactive, 3D levels. At one point I would like to use a save-load system, I tried it yesterday to see if I could save the actual scene the player is in and I found about Naninovel not saving scenes

I guess I should modify any save scripts of your tool or create a separate save system?

Elringus
admin

Post by Elringus »

That's right, Naninovel can't track something it doesn't know about, such as custom gameplay built outside of it. You're free to save your state independently of Naninovel or integrate with the Naninovel save-load system; for latter see https://naninovel.com/guide/state-manag ... stom-state

juan.delcastillo

How does Naninovel load the states? I know its done by using LoadAsync, SaveAsync and other related methods, what I do not understand is how does it use the variables on GameStateMap to load them

Elringus
admin

Post by Elringus »

juan.delcastillo

Thanks, I now can save the current scene and current BGM, as well as load them via a load script