using animated pose for characters

General development topics: using various Unity tools, publishing games, etc.
JiaxuZhang

using animated pose for characters

Post by JiaxuZhang »

Hi,
I want to use a blink animation for my character in Naninovel but not sure can I do that or not?
So I have an gif animation and then I converted it to a sprite sheet and imported it into Unity, then I sliced the sheet and saved it as an animation clip in unity, can I use it in the naninovel -> character? Do I have to code if I want to do this?

Thank you very much

idaot
support

Re: using animated pose for characters

Post by idaot »

I suggest using Layered characters for animated 2d sprites. Be sure to enable Animated on the root of the prefab. I suggest using Animator to control the animations, our generic actor example project provides an example on how to trigger animations via the On Appearance Changed Unity event, an event found on Layered Actors as well.

https://github.com/Naninovel/GenericActor

JiaxuZhang

Post by JiaxuZhang »

Thank you, I will take a look

JiaxuZhang

Post by JiaxuZhang »

Hey I was testing out the layered character, I keep getting error msg Unrecognized reanLayeredPrefab layered actor composition expression: 1.
I created a layer character called rean and I created two empty game object under it called "1" and "2", and in the nani script I simply have @char rean.1 and @char rean.2, and nothing is working, I am not sure which step I did is wrong.