Which version of unity should i install to take advantage of UI Toolkit with Naninovel?

All about user interface, be it customizing built-in UIs or adding new ones.
RubbleRaider

Which version of unity should i install to take advantage of UI Toolkit with Naninovel?

Post by RubbleRaider »

Newbie here -- trying to get unity installed and learn a little of it before I take the plunge and buy Naninovel. It looks perfect though and I was hoping someone might be able to tell me which version specifically of Unity that i need to be using to take advantage of current Naninovel features - and the thread about UI Toolkit made me wonder?

Thank you!

idaot
support

Re: Which version of unity should i install to take advantage of UI Toolkit with Naninovel?

Post by idaot »

The recommended version for Naninovel version 1.17 (which support UI Toolkit) is 2019.4.30. The minimum supported version will always be stated on the store page. You can download it from here: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

RubbleRaider

Re: Which version of unity should i install to take advantage of UI Toolkit with Naninovel?

Post by RubbleRaider »

Thanks so much! Now I just need to learn the bare minimum of unity to use Naninovel!

Elringus
admin

Post by Elringus »

I'd actually not recommend using UI Toolkit. It's still early in development, not stable enough, lack documentation and miss features compared to the default UI system (uGUI). You'll also have to implement an integration layer between Naninovel and UI Toolkit. In our example project we render the UI Toolkit document via render texture inside regular uGUI using a custom adapter. In a real project you'd probably have to extend that or make a custom adapter/integration.