Can I control the Align in Dialogue Text with a script?

Discuss authoring naninovel scenario scripts.
booksuny

Can I control the Align in Dialogue Text with a script?

Post by booksuny »

I want to change the dialouge alignment as I want during the conversation.
For example, if a character appears from the right, it aligns to the right, and if it appears from the bottom, it aligns to the bottom.

I looked up the manual, but I don't think this function is available, so I'm asking.

I tried to write a script in the form of approaching the existing Unity text, but it doesn't seem to work, so I want to know how.

idaot
support

Re: Can I control the Align in Dialogue Text with a script?

Post by idaot »

You can use text tags or the text component's settings to change alignment (https://naninovel.com/guide/text-printe ... ext-styles) but to automate the process you'll like need to override/create your own printer. My suggestion is to listen to the On Author Changed changed event found in the printer and retrieving the actor's current position via ICharacterManager.

booksuny

Post by booksuny »

idaot wrote: 11 Oct 2022 16:00

You can use text tags or the text component's settings to change alignment (https://naninovel.com/guide/text-printe ... ext-styles) but to automate the process you'll like need to override/create your own printer. My suggestion is to listen to the On Author Changed changed event found in the printer and retrieving the actor's current position via ICharacterManager.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm using Google Translator because I can't read English, so I'm asking you to check because there's a little bit of confusion in the answer.

Is it correct to search for the function "On Author Changed" and learn it?

idaot
support

Post by idaot »

Yes.

joung

Post by joung »

Thanks idaot for the helpful link, I was looking for it too.