How to reset/remove avatar

Discuss authoring naninovel scenario scripts.
jaraen

How to reset/remove avatar

Post by jaraen »

Hi!

This might sound a silly question, but after spending an amount of time googling and trying myself, I'm not sure there's a way to reset a character avatar.

Some context... in my game I only want to show avatars in certain cases to emphasize emotional expressions. So by default I use the Dialogue printer and only when I need to show an avatar, Naninovel uses the Wide printer. However, after using using the avatar once, I would like to remove it from the character, so it keeps using the Dialogue printer.

For example:

Code: Select all

@char Narisha avatar:funny
Narisha: this sentence is shown in the Wide printer with an avatar
;here I would like to reset the avatar to none
@chat Narisha avatar: ? 
Narisha: I would like to print this sentence without avatar and using Dialogue character's printer

A possible workaround consists on creating an empty avatar resource called i.e. "none" and don't assign any texture to it. Then I invoque the character using @characterID avatar:none. It removes the texture but unfortunately Naninovel considers that there's an avatar anyway, so it keeps using Wide printer.

Any hint? Thanks!!

idaot
support

Re: How to reset/remove avatar

Post by idaot »

There is an in-built option to reset the avatar, by typing in none in the avatar field. You can read more about avatar and other @char parameters in the API guide: https://naninovel.com/api/#char