Skipping user input

Discuss authoring naninovel scenario scripts.
thudpucker

Skipping user input

Post by thudpucker »

Hello! I'm currently making my script and am running into issues where the text display is always waiting for user input. I'd like the text to appear as a variety of different layers appear on the background (using a layered bg). Here's the code I'm using

Code: Select all

@back id:"Page 2"
@back Effects>Boom id:"Page 2"
@sfx narrationPage2
@print "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin nisi dui, malesuada at eros ac, convallis consequat nunc. Sed sodales erat vitae tortor laoreet" wait:false author:"Narrator"
@wait 2
@back Panel1>Panel1 id:"Page 2" 
@wait 2
@back Panel2>Panel2 id:"Page 2" 
@wait 2
@back Panel3>Panel3 id:"Page 2" 
@wait 2
@back Panel4>Panel4 id:"Page 2" 
@wait i10

I would expect this to start printing the text and then continue down the script. Instead, here is what it does:

• Displays the background
    • Displays the first effect layer
    • Begins the spoken narration
    • Begins the printed narration
    • As the printed narration unfolds...
    • ... Wait for 2 seconds
    • ... Display Panel 1
    • ... Wait for 2 seconds

and that's it! The script debugger turns yellow on that second @wait 2 command. Once I continue, the remaining panels appear. I'd like them all to appear during the narration and then rely on a single input from the user to continue.

How can I structure this so that it continues while the printed narration unfolds? (I tried putting the panel display bits in a subroutine with a @goSub statement, but got the same result.)

I'm using NaniNovel 1.14.

Thank you!

thudpucker

Re: Issue with skipping user input

Post by thudpucker »

I disabled "Auto Wait" under settings -> Text Printers -> (specific printer) and this seemed to do the trick

Elringus
admin

Re: Issue with skipping user input

Post by Elringus »

thudpucker wrote: 27 Jan 2021 17:25

I disabled "Auto Wait" under settings -> Text Printers -> (specific printer) and this seemed to do the trick

That's the way to go in case the printer you're using should not wait for input by default. On the other hand, if such cases are rare, set waitInput parameter of the print command to false (or add [skipInput] when using generic text lines).