Switching between languages doesn't update the dropdown menus

The engine is not working as expected? Documentation is wrong or out of date? Let us know here!
Forum rules
We are not providing support via this forum; it's community-driven. For official support see https://naninovel.com/support/#naninovel-support
Excadrix

Switching between languages doesn't update the dropdown menus

Post by Excadrix »

Hello,
I face this strange issue.
I use the defaultUI prefabs. SettingsUI
I have two languages English and Greek with default language English. I start the game with English everything works fine.
Switching from English to Greek works ok and changes all the text in the dropdown menus (like screen mode and graphics)
but when I switch back from Greek to English the dropdown menus doesn't change back to English. (everything else change back to English except the content inside the dropdown menus)
Any ideas what might be the issue?
thank you in advance

Elringus
admin

Re: Switching between languages doesn't update the dropdown menus

Post by Elringus »

Hi, Check the demo project on GitHub, it has 2 languages and switching is working fine, afaik. Make sure to use Naninovel v1.16 or later with the demo project.

Excadrix

Post by Excadrix »

I found the issue if it's an issue.
I used a different folder inside Resources from another path in assets to have my Texts for source locale. Although it worked fine on load it had problem with switching.

in Details
I had my Text folder inside Assets/MyGame/Resources/Texts
i moved him on Assets/Resources/Naninovel/Text

and worked. Is it a bug? or did I missed something in configuration? I thought the Text folder can be anywhere inside Resources and you just select it with Localization Tool when you add a new language.

Elringus
admin

Post by Elringus »

Naninovel-related resources should be in Naninovel folder. That's by design.