Localization scripts are not loaded

The engine is not working as expected? Documentation is wrong or out of date? Let us know here!
Forum rules
We are not providing support via this forum; it's community-driven. For official support see https://naninovel.com/support/#naninovel-support
juan.delcastillo

Localization scripts are not loaded

Post by juan.delcastillo »

We've coded our game on English and we want to translate to Spanish. I generated the localization scripts and send two packages, one for each teammate, so they could translate it. The default locale is Spanish but the game won't use the localized scripts.

Changing the in-game language from English to Spanish does the job but our game is supposed to be only in Spanish, so there isn't any language option in the settings menu of our VN.

Elringus
admin

Re: Localization scripts are not loaded

Post by Elringus »

You can set default language in localization config.

juan.delcastillo

If you mean the default locale on Naninovel > Localization, the default language is on Spanish and yet it won't load them

Elringus
admin

Post by Elringus »

Try on another computer where the game wasn't run before (or clear the settings cache).

juan.delcastillo

I did clear the GI cache, is that correct? Is there any other cache?

In any case, I will export the entire project as a package to a new project and see if it works
EDIT: Nope, doesn't work. I'll run the project on another computer

Elringus
admin

Post by Elringus »

Do I understand correctly that the issue is that the language set as default in Naninovel config is not being selected by default when you start the game for the first time?

juan.delcastillo

No, the language is selected by default in the Language option. However, the scripts are not loaded.

What I meant on the first post is that their loaded when selecting English and then Spanish

Elringus
admin

Post by Elringus »

I see. Please register your copy and PM me in Discord with a repro project (https://naninovel.com/support/#reproduction-project) for investigation.

juan.delcastillo

Ok, it simply turned out that the scene build order was wrong. The translation "bug" and other bugs were caused by that. My bad