Error when switching localization Language from Settings & spreadsheet issues

The engine is not working as expected? Documentation is wrong or out of date? Let us know here!
Forum rules
To receive direct priority support join our Discord server, register your Naninovel copy and ask in #support channel.
Post Reply
brunovals
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Sep 2021 10:13

Error when switching localization Language from Settings & spreadsheet issues

Post by brunovals »

Hi Everyone, i recently use Naninovel and Naninovel Spreadsheet package, but there is something strange that i encounter.
I've downloaded the demo project from naninovel spreadsheet page and used that as the base of installing and using the package.

  1. I created localization resources based on the guide on naninovel page, for test purposes i only created 'ja'. I create it under Assets/Resources/Naninovel/Localization/ja
    Image
  2. I've created an empty spreadsheet to "export" my current scripts with only 1 entry, which did great, the text is exported to my empty spreadsheet, and the column 'ja' is aoutomatically created
    Image
    ====== problem starts here
  3. I filled the 'ja' column with "HOHOHO" in the NN_001 Spreadsheet and HIHIHI and the NN_002 spreadsheet
    Image
  4. I close excel app, and tried to import the xslx spreadsheet, but encouncer an error

    Code: Select all

     Exception: Localization document for `ja` not found. Try re-generating the localization documents. 
    Image
    3.1 i've tried re-generating localization, the problem still exists
  5. Strangely the translation still applied to NN_001 in Resources/Naninovel/Localization/ja/Scripts , except the @goto NN_002 command, which is strange
    Image
    4.1 i've tried to change the translation in the spreadsheet from "HOHOHO" to "not hohoho" , and "HIHIHI" to "not hihihi", import again, but the translation still writes "HOHOHO" and "HIHIHI".
    Image
    Image
    5.Nevertheless, i tried to run the program, it runs well, and the dropdown of "japanese" is created. But when i switch to it, it yielded an error and the engine hangs , the error is as follows :

    Code: Select all

     NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Naninovel.ResourceLoader`1+<LoadAllAsync>d__17[TResource].MoveNext () (at Assets/Naninovel/Runtime/Common/ResourceProvider/ResourceLoader.cs:156) 
    Image

I've tried many things, reimport the naninovel and the spreadsheet tools, none is working. I've tried matching the project structure to the spreadsheet-main example project from the guide site, and everything is the same.

Have anyone encounter this problem before ?
Naninovel version : 1.16 , build July 2021

User avatar
Elringus
Admin
Posts: 403
Joined: 11 May 2020 18:03

Re: Error when switching localization Language from Settings & spreadsheet issues

Post by Elringus »

The example project is updated for Naninovel v1.17 which is currently in pre-release; you can download it on our Discord server after registering a license. If updating to v1.17 won't help, examine the example project closely: afaik, it doesn't have this issue, so probably something is not configured correctly in your case.

brunovals
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Sep 2021 10:13

Re: Error when switching localization Language from Settings & spreadsheet issues

Post by brunovals »

The configuration is fine, i have tried seeing it side by side with the spreadsheet-main example project for the settings and everything is identical, I'll try join in monday and give you guys the repro project, i really hope you guys could help out

User avatar
Elringus
Admin
Posts: 403
Joined: 11 May 2020 18:03

Re: Error when switching localization Language from Settings & spreadsheet issues

Post by Elringus »

One more thing to check is if you're using the latest version of the spreadsheet extension. You can download the one for v1.17 via #download channel on Discord. If you're going to make a repro, make sure to use Naninovel v1.17 and follow the instructions here: https://naninovel.com/support/#reproduction-project

brunovals
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Sep 2021 10:13

Re: Error when switching localization Language from Settings & spreadsheet issues

Post by brunovals »

Ah after i did some debug, i found that the "builders" in spreadsheet compositesheet.cs only contains "ja" and "ru" , i wonder why. But then i try to log every step of the way, i found this :

Code: Select all

var directory = Path.GetDirectoryName(spreadsheetPath)

in Import() method in SpreadsheetProcessor.cs .
it makes the game iterate through the root directory of the project.

Ex : if my project in E:/Projects/naniproject and my spreadsheet contained in E:/Projects/nanisheets, eventhough the project specify spreadsheet folder location to E:/Projects/nanisheets, the project will iterate through E:/Projects , and the example project spreadsheet-main is in that folder too, which makes the project recognize it as the localization spreadsheet.

The solution is to change

Code: Select all

var directory = Path.GetDirectoryName(spreadsheetPath)

to

Code: Select all

var directory = spreadsheetPath.Replace("/","\\")

and the problem is gone and the tool work beautifully.

User avatar
Elringus
Admin
Posts: 403
Joined: 11 May 2020 18:03

Re: Error when switching localization Language from Settings & spreadsheet issues

Post by Elringus »

Thank you for reporting and finding the cause of the issue! I've updated the project and the package.

Post Reply