Tutorial for 2d Sprite animations

Have an idea how we can improve the engine or this forum? Share it here!
JiaxuZhang

Tutorial for 2d Sprite animations

Post by JiaxuZhang »

I hope we can have some video tutorials for the 2d sprite animations, for a visual novel 2d animation should be a common function, Ace attorney is a great example, if you guys can share some tutorials for how to use 2d sprite animations that would really great and helpful. I know you mentioned animated characters in the layered character section but still I find it is difficult to figure out exactly how... maybe just being stupid but however any more detail instruction on 2d sprite animations would be really appreciate!

Thank you!

Elringus
admin

Re: Tutorial for 2d Sprite animations

Post by Elringus »

Naninovel doesn't provide any animation tools, because Unity already has plenty of them: animator, director, timeline, etc. You can find lots of tutorials for them on the net. For examples on using animated characters and backgrounds in Naninovel check our generic actor, spine and live2d example projects.

JiaxuZhang

Re: Tutorial for 2d Sprite animations

Post by JiaxuZhang »

Hey thank you for your reply!

sorry I wasn’t describe my question correctly, I mean a more detail instructions with some examples on how to use a 2d sprite animations with layer characters.
I feel if Nani supports it with layer characters then added a step by step introduction in the documentation like the 3d generic characters would be helpful to people like me to use the 2d animated layer characters more quickly without trying to figure what settings to use by watching unity tutorials for hours. I used the animation controller, and tried animation trigger, but it doesn’t work, it just keep showing the default layer. It is really hard for beginners like me to figure out where I did wrong, I enabler the animated from the root layer character behaviour.

I really like the generic characters tutorial you made, it is easy to understand, I would like to see a similar one with 2d, no need to be a video, just some screenshots would be great.

Sorry again for not clear with my first post, my English is not good, and I feel bad for asking something probably should be really easy to do, I just feel really exhausting after a couple days of working but still don't know where I did wrong, anyways thanks again!