GenericBackground error in ios build

General development topics: using various Unity tools, publishing games, etc.
komasuke

GenericBackground error in ios build

Post by komasuke »

Issue occur when ios build.
Error with this message.

Failed to load GenericBackground generic actor prefab. Make sure a valid prefab is assigned in the resources editor menu.

but Unity player has no problem.
How can I solve this problem?

And, some other problem with ios build.

• Japanease Font is broken. (cannnot read)
  • Very slow in XCode ios simulator iphone 11 pro max

(Unity player no problem)

idaot
support

Re: GenericBackground error in ios build

Post by idaot »

We have several games published on iOS (including in Japanese) and we haven't been made aware of platform-specific issues in development. Make sure you are using a compatible version of Unity with Naninovel (for 1.18.1 the recommendation is 2019.4.35).

For the background issue I recommend closing the editor and deleting the Library folder in the project root and building again. For the Japanese font I highly recommend joining the Discord support channel so you can supply us with screenshots which will help us with identifying the problem https://naninovel.com/support/#naninovel-support and finally, in regards to the XCode simulator, the Naninovel package itself is very lightweight so I'm not sure how it could cause performance issues, just be aware of memory management when using generic actors in particular as they need to be removed manually. (https://naninovel.com/guide/naninovel-s ... management)

komasuke

Post by komasuke »

Thank you for your reply!
I'm very relieved to know your experience that naninovel is works fine with iOS publish.
I'll check version and delete lib folder.

Japanese font issue is now resolved.
The problem was my font asset.
I've been created TMPro japanese font asset with Atlas resolution 8192, It was broken in iphone 11 simulator.
Now, Im Rebuilding font atlas with 4096 resolution to resolve this problem. now japanese font works fine.

komasuke

Post by komasuke »

Generic background issue not yet resolved but other problem is solved!
Performance down issue of XCode ios simulator is just simunator issue, not naninovel issue.
There is no performance down issue in my real mobile device (iphone 11 pro max)
Thank you.

idaot
support

Post by idaot »

Try re-installing Naninovel, If that fails, try renaming the file to something else or reassigning it to a new actor as it could be some rare cache issue.

komasuke

Post by komasuke »

Thank you. It resolved!
I did rename prefab name, And Unpack all child prefab in GenericBackground prefab.
Now, GenericBackground works in ios.