Extra Chapter unlock and new button on title UI

Using Naninovel C# APIs: adding custom actor implementations or commands, overriding engine services, integrating with other systems, etc.
TuTlo

Extra Chapter unlock and new button on title UI

Post by TuTlo »

Could I use Unlockable Items to control unlocking a new chapter of story?

The idea is, besides the main story, we have some extra chapters, which need to unlock until some condition fulfills. So just wonder if I could use unlockable Item to do this? (kind of like unlock a whole new game?) Or I need to code another script for title menu and all functionality I need

I may also like this to be display in the title page(title UI) with a button of “Sequel”, before the condition is fulfilled, should be disable.

idaot
support

Re: Extra Chapter unlock and new button on title UI

Post by idaot »

Yes, unlockable triggers or custom variable triggers should work fine. Just make sure you choose a dynamic bool instead of static parameters for the event parameter.

TuTlo

Post by TuTlo »

idaot wrote: 03 Jun 2022 07:04

Yes, unlockable triggers or custom variable triggers should work fine. Just make sure you choose a dynamic bool instead of static parameters for the event parameter.

thanks!

Could you please provide more instruction on how I could achieve through custom variable triggers?

And I am not using a custom UI, instead, I am using the TitleUI, could I integrate this into the default TitleUI?

TuTlo

Post by TuTlo »

idaot wrote: 03 Jun 2022 07:04

hey!

I found a way to get this resolved!

Yeah... variable trigger and global variable works...

Thanks!! :)