At the very first moment after running the game, all the Unity scenes were activated

Using Naninovel C# APIs: adding custom actor implementations or commands, overriding engine services, integrating with other systems, etc.
DeLove

At the very first moment after running the game, all the Unity scenes were activated

Post by DeLove »

Hi, I am new to NaniNovel, my English is using Google Translate, please forgive me.
I'm making a 2D game, using NaniNovel to make the story system and UI.

I found that almost at the very first moment after running the game, all the Unity scenes were activated.
But I didn’t load it with "SceneManager.LoadScene" or put it in "Hierarchy"... it was saved in "Assets" and never used.

This is weird, so I think it might be because I am not familiar with NaniNovel and accidentally enabled a certain setting of it.
Are there any related speculations? What might I have turned on?

Elringus
admin

Re: At the very first moment after running the game, all the Unity scenes were activated

Post by Elringus »

By default, the engine is initialized automatically on application start (no matter which scene you load). To disable that, disable Initialize On Application Load in the engine configuration. Find more info in the guide: https://naninovel.com/guide/integration ... ialization

DeLove

Re: At the very first moment after running the game, all the Unity scenes were activated

Post by DeLove »

Elringus wrote: 24 Aug 2021 13:04

By default, the engine is initialized automatically on application start (no matter which scene you load). To disable that, disable Initialize On Application Load in the engine configuration. Find more info in the guide: https://naninovel.com/guide/integration ... ialization

I tried to disable "Initialize On Application Load", but still the same situation.

Elringus
admin

Post by Elringus »

You mean the engine is still automatically initialized on application start? It's not reproducing on my end.

DeLove

Post by DeLove »

Oh... I seem to find the crux of the problem...
Because I opened the scene and pressed "Play"...

Unity seems to be the scene currently being previewed as the first scene to load. Sorry for wasting your time, I am a Unity stupid noob.