Linking AC Variables to Naninovel

Using Naninovel C# APIs: adding custom actor implementations or commands, overriding engine services, integrating with other systems, etc.
Gonzo

Linking AC Variables to Naninovel

Post by Gonzo »

Hello Everyone! Hope you are staying safe! : D

I´m working on a proyect combining AC and Nani, the thing is i have a time system developed with AC Global variables. Is there a way to link those variables to nani?

For example:
If the AC scene time is at night, link the variables in a way that the background of the nani scene is at night, without making multiple nani scripts for every time of the day (day/night). Is there a way? I know nani also works with playmaker, maybe i can use it to link both AC/NANI.

I´m sorry if I was not very clear with the explanation, the english is not my native language : p
Does anybody know how to do that?

Thank you!

Elringus
admin

Re: Linking AC Variables to Naninovel

Post by Elringus »

It sure is achievable, but you'll need to use C# scripting. I'm not versed with AC, so can't comment on that topic; on Naninovel side you'll need ICustomVariableManager engine service to get or set the variables. To further bind this with backgrounds, there are multiple options; the easiest one would be to use the custom variables directly in naninovel scripts to conditionally show the required background. A more advanced option would be using generic or custom background implementation, which would automatically set the appropriate appearance based on custom variable value.