Problem with Naninovel Inventory

The engine is not working as expected? Documentation is wrong or out of date? Let us know here!
Forum rules
We are not providing support via this forum; it's community-driven. For official support see https://naninovel.com/support/#naninovel-support
LinkingPixels

Problem with Naninovel Inventory

Post by LinkingPixels »

When I try to choose an item in the inventory the information text gets below the choice handlers in the scene :shock:
Unable to proceed.

Elringus
admin

Re: Problem with Naninovel Inventory

Post by Elringus »

Order your text printer to be below the handlers or vice-versa (sort order in canvas component); or just position them apart.

LinkingPixels

Post by LinkingPixels »

Thanks that worked :) However after the text printer turns upp, the texts shows and then I click the printer doesn't disappears. It just get stucked. The custom printer works when fine I use it to other things.

Elringus
admin

Post by Elringus »

Not sure why you expect the printer to disappear on click.

LinkingPixels

Post by LinkingPixels »

The printer can't be closed or hidden which makes it in the way and impossible to continue. If I try to close the inventory ui, only the inventory box hides but not the text printer.

Elringus
admin

Post by Elringus »

The printers can hidden in the same way as all the other actors — with @hide command.

LinkingPixels

Post by LinkingPixels »

That wouldn't work in this case. The printer turns up because it's a part of the inventory UI (controlled by the inventory prefabs with C# scripts.)

It didn't show up by a command in a naninovel script. Besides a hide command in a naninovel script would be problematic cuz the inventory can be open anytime by using a keyboard shortkey.

Elringus
admin

Post by Elringus »

Printers are not a part of the inventory UI and are showed when you add specific onClick naninovel scenario script for items.

LinkingPixels

Post by LinkingPixels »

Aha, now I got it and found a solution. Thanks very much for the help! :D