TextPrinter Error: ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

All about user interface, be it customizing built-in UIs or adding new ones.
TuTlo

TextPrinter Error: ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Post by TuTlo »

Hello!

After I customize the TextPrinter UI with my own size and pictures, it gave me two errors when I launch the game:

ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
Naninovel.UI.RevealableUIText.OnDisable () (at Assets/Naninovel/Runtime/UI/TextPrinter/RevealableUIText.cs:91)

ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
Naninovel.UI.RevealableUIText.OnEnable () (at Assets/Naninovel/Runtime/UI/TextPrinter/RevealableUIText.cs:85)

Could you please help look into this? Is the way I change the UI not correct? I disabled some of the Horizontal Layout Group control in order to resize some of things and move them to a different position as well

Many thanks!

idaot
support

Re: TextPrinter Error: ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Post by idaot »

Is the game running despite the errors? If I recall correctly, these might be editor only bugs that occur when you keep the prefab open when entering play mode, and should not affect the game itself.

TuTlo

Re: TextPrinter Error: ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Post by TuTlo »

hello,

I think, yes, the game is running. And actually I tried a few more times, seems like this error happened occasionally, sometimes I did not get this error.

Thanks for the explanation!

Kind Regards