'actual' title screen to menu

All about user interface, be it customizing built-in UIs or adding new ones.
infinatus

'actual' title screen to menu

Post by infinatus »

Hi,

I have my project set up so that I have a custom TitleUI with a menu. However, I want to show an 'actual' title screen that will pause for a few seconds before moving on to the UI that has the menu. I tried setting a script in the Title Script that shows my title UI, waits for 2 seconds, and then loads the menu UI. However, it is pretty wonky and doesn't seem to work correctly. Can someone suggest the best way to implement what I'm looking to do?

Elringus
admin

Re: 'actual' title screen to menu

Post by Elringus »

Hi, Can you please share the title script you're using and clarify what's wrong with how it behaves? The wait and show title UI seems like the way to go, unless you don't mind writing C# scripts, in which case you can have more control over the process.

infinatus

Post by infinatus »

Thanks for your quick response. I have it working better but I could still use some help.

I set up my custom TitleUI (with my menu) and created a custom UI called TitleScreenUI (just a picture). I've set it up so that the following is run as the Title Script:

Code: Select all

@showUI TitleScreenUI
@wait 2
@hideUI TitleScreenUI

I wasn't sure I could do this as I thought that the graphics on TitleUI would show before TitleScreenUI got called, but this apparently isn't the case (which is good).

The only issue now is that when hiding TitleScreenUI, it seems to fade to white before TitleUI fades in. Is there a way to make the UIs fade directly from one to the other?

Elringus
admin

Post by Elringus »

The title UI is shown after title script finishes. If you want a crossfade of sorts, try:

Code: Select all

@showUI TitleScreenUI
@wait 2
@hideUI TitleScreenUI wait:false
infinatus

Post by infinatus »

That works great! Is the API documentation out of date? I don't see 'wait' as a parameter for hideUI.

Elringus
admin

Post by Elringus »

Check the top of the commands doc. wait and if parameters are available for all commands.

infinatus

Post by infinatus »

Great. Thanks again.